Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Twiddling My Thumbs

Well....I am playing the waiting game now. I finished my last pre-transplant test a couple of days ago. (Honestly....it was just a pap needing to be done, but they still need a current pap test record from the past year and I was overdue by 3 months) I am still waiting on the results to forward to MUSC, but it won't be too much longer before I am up for review to be "officially" accepted.

I did get an email from my transplant coordinator that stated the surgeon's notes (Dr. Millgillacuddy AKA Dr. MillgillaDREAMY) and all my blood testing came back favorable. Woo-Hoo! I feel a bit better about the whole "afraid of being overlooked because of Sjogrens" thing I was feeling. I mean I think I have a higher possibility than most of rejecting the kidney. I am probably wrong because I know the immniosuppressant drugs can be adjusted to each person. Anyone know about this? I'll have to research it better, but I do believe I have read this somewhere.

Also, anyone else doing a renal diet? Any tips? I am doing OK with it, but I know I haven't been as strict as I need to be.

I'll quit rambling now....just one of those days....

No comments: