Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Sjogrens......good gravy, I am doomed!

I do believe some of us have thought this a time or two or three or....you get the picture. There is no cure. Yes, we have been brought up a few times on the television show House. When the doctors on that show have no clue, they start listing the autoimmune diseases. Ha! A whole show was based on Sjogrens Syndrome. Our little elite disease has even been on Mysterious Diagnosis. Are we doomed? No way. Nope. Nah. Never. Do we make adjustments to our lives? Sometimes a little, sometimes a lot. It is part of who we are, but it does not define who we are. I think back to some of the adjustments I had to make. Popping pills was a huge one. I still do not like to take them. Saving my energy when needed....although at times that doesn't work! Lol ahhhhhh the trips to visit the vampires. I think I get doubled whammy on that because of my kidney failure ultimately caused by Sjogrens. However, the good side to each of those adjustments are; The medicine controls some of my symptoms some of the time. Ahhhhhhhh.....naps give me time to myself. I am no longer hyperventilating before blood work. It is easy as can be. What were some adjustments to life when living with Sjogrens or any other disease you may have?

No comments: