Thursday, February 5, 2009

Light At The End Of The Tunnel??

Well.....I received some pretty good news from MUSC yesterday. It is official....I respond well to cellcept for my Sjogrens Syndrome. Of course this is used in larger doses after transplant and not exactly FDA approved for autoimmune diseases. I will go from being "inactive" to being "active" on the kidney transplant list. Long story short...I was accumulating points, but was overlooked for a possible kidney if a match was to come up. Also, on a side note....I really believe if I started taking cellcept a 2 or 3 years ago I wouldn't be facing kidney transplant...at least not this soon....just my opinion.

My living donor coordinator will be moving more aggressively getting the work ups on my "heroes" that have come forward. I could have a new kidney next month if I have a match!!

Speaking of heroes....My friend Kelly at Boodas Business is getting her campaign underway to raise money for medical costs not covered by my insurance. She is my good friend who will shave her head if $2000.00 is raised by April 15, 2009. I will keep you updated....should be interesting!!

No comments: