Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Joyride with training wheels...



Fingers are clenched. I have that nervous yet excited feeling in the pit of my stomach. I finally made it up that huge first upward climb in this transplant roller coaster....you know the one that starts off climbing ever so slowly...and then it starts the big ride of a lifetime.

I yell at the top of my lungs making every face imaginable...I smile...I frown...I even laugh.

YES, it is official I am "active" on the transplant list! I have been listed as "inactive" the past 3 1/2 months. I am happy to report that the cocktail of drugs to get me prepared for transplant has worked in bringing my ANA titer down along with some other numbers.

And yes....I will have many ups and downs like a rollercoaster the next few months...perhaps years. BUT look...I have my training wheels on and my helmet is fastened on my head. Tee-Hee

Want to join my joyride??

1 comment:

Julia Oleinik said...

Congratulations on your official transplant status! And I love your new blog background....