Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Fresh Clean Sheets & A New Quilt!



There is something about fresh clean sheets and a new quilt that makes me smile and feel good! I got this quilt a couple weeks ago while visiting my sister up in Tennessee. It was a present to myself. My mom and sister bought me 2 pillow shams and 2 throw pillows to complete my set as an early birthday present.

Do you ever think about the little things that make us happy in our everyday lives?

Driving through town and hitting all the lights on green....
The sound of your children laughing....
The smell of fresh flowers....
A nice thunderstorm on a lazy summer day....
A pina colada or strawberry daiquiri....
Hearing a song over the radio that brings back a good memory from long ago....
AND....
Fresh clean sheets and a new quilt!!!!

On another note...hubs did another injection of procrit yesterday...this makes my fifth. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! I can't say I am ready to do cartwheels, but I definitely can get up in the morning and feel as though I actually slept. I still love to get naps on the weekends and at times I need to go to bed early. Anyone who is afraid to get procrit injections due to chronic kidney disease because of Sjogrens....it is soooooooooooo worth it! The needles do not hurt at all...I PROMISE! The medicine does sting a bit....but let it sit out at room tempature for about 30-45 minutes. That really helps. MUSC is next week and I can't wait to share my experiences with all of you and see what they think needs to be done. Of course the major thing is the affect Sjogrens is having on my kidneys....but all those other lovely symptoms of Sjogrens will be addressed too.

Speaking of sharing experiences.... look at my other blog 2 Lil Pumpkins...you will see my 2 most favorite little men eating watermelon! It will make you smile!

1 comment:

Julia Oleinik said...

What a beautiful quilt!

It is so marvelous to hear how well you are feeling! I am so happy for you!